Home Attorney Profiles Firm Profile Family Law Contact Us
Kalled Law Offices, PLLC
Legal Representation in Family Law Since 1948

Relocation Cases in Carroll County, NH

Looking to move away from Carroll or Rockingham County?

If the parent requesting the relocation successfully demonstrates the legitimacy and reasonableness of their proposed move at the hearing, the burden then falls to the left-behind parent to prove that a move is not in the best interest of the children. An attorney will be able to present convincing evidence on behalf of the left-behind parent that the long term benefit of the children is better served by avoiding a move. Although this may seem like a potentially overwhelming process, having a skilled Carroll County divorce lawyer on your side will increase your chances of a favorable ruling in your case.

Court's Main Focus: The Child's Best Interests

The court will always try to be fair in making decisions about parental relocation, but the best interest of the child will be the main concern. Should a move a great distance, such as out of state or to another country, have a negative impact on the lives of the children, the court may deny the right to relocate. In some cases, the parent wanting to move, whether for employment, remarriage or other reason, if they have custody, they could lose physical custody if it is considered that the move would create an unhappy situation for the child. The access to schools, other family that are important to the child's life, such as grandparents, can also be a consideration that is evaluated when one parent attempts to get court approval for a move and has physical custody of the children.

Need an attorney for a relocation case?

If you need to relocate but there is an existing court order for custody and visitation, our firm can help. You cannot move a great distance without approval from the court. If you do so without approval and have physical custody of the children, there can be very negative repercussions, including having the physical custody of the children transferred to the other parent. Our Ossipee family law firm can assist you with any of these issues and has more than 30 years of success in resolving child custody and relocation matters.

Contact Us
I am:
Child Custody / Parenting
Child Support
Domestic Violence
Family Law
Legal Separation
Marital Property Rights
Military Divorce
Prenuptial & Cohabitation Agreement
Family Law Blog

Divorce | Family Law | Prenuptial & Cohabitation Agreement | Contact Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Kalled Law Offices, PLLC - Carroll County Divorce Attorney
Located at 15 Courthouse Square Ossipee, NH 03864. View Map
Phone: (603) 871-4116 | Local Phone: (603) 539-2218.